If you are starting to think about your weekend plans, you may want to check out the Ottawa Wine and Food Festival happening this Friday to Sunday at the Shaw Centre. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the festival and they have a lot of things planned.
Here’s an overview of what you can expect:
- Ticket options – As always there are a lot of different ticket options for the show. The regular show pass will set you back $28.25. If you want to skip the long line-ups you can opt for the VIP pass where you get immediate access to the tasting floor for $56.50.
- If wine and food is your thing, you may want to opt for the Tasting Alley ticket at $118.65. This type of ticket includes: Dedicated VIP Entrance - No Lineups! Two hour wine tasting, Gourmet Tasting Plates (featuring more than 50 wines along with charcuterie, shrimp, carvery, vegetarian, seafood and noodle bar tasting stations), and a Tasting Floor Pass.
- Since they are celebrating the 30th anniversary pricing for Sunday is set to $19.85 to commemorate the year the festival all began: 1985!
- Wine, Beer, Spirits – There will be no shortage here and you will have a ton of choice. You can chose from over 1400 different beverages from 200 exhibitors. Sampling tickets can be purchased for $1.00 each. The number of tickets required varies from exhibitor to exhibitor.
- “Edutainment” – Show goers will be able have access to 12 free, live ‘edutainment’ seminars by chefs, sommeliers, craft beer experts and mixologists on the Host for the Holiday and In the Mix stages. Plan on seeing celebrity pastry chef Anna Olson and Dolce Vita’s David Rocco. Check out the show schedule here to help plan your visit, here.
- The LCBO’s also has a Taste and Discover series featuring 1-hour wine tasting sessions on Saturday. They have something for everyone including sessions on sparkling wine, bourbon, Italy’s finest and most important wines, and even a session called “Best of the Best” where you can taste the and experience a few of the world’s rare and legendary wines. To see all the options, click here.
- It’s Halloween - If you’re planning on going on Saturday night you may want to purchase the ‘Arrive After 5 Haute Halloween Welcome’ ticket. Dress in your most opulent, outrageous Halloween costumes (no masks or faux weapons) and walk the red carpet in front of four celebrity judges between 6.30pm and 7.30pm. Winner gets a trip worth $7500 for two to the Barbados Food, Wine and Rum Show.
- Eat, drink, and stay - Enjoy the show and make an overnight stay of it. For this years show, organizers have partnered up with The Westin. Package starts at $139 per person (based on double occupancy) and includes access to the tasting floor, one night of accommodation and buffet breakfast at Daly’s Restaurant. To take advantage of this promo, click here.