International women's day is coming up March 8th! There are a few events being planned that we want you to know about! Here's are roundup of 3 food/drink related events happening around town.
Women in Industry
Date: Saturday, March 11, 2017
Location: Clover Food + Drink
Price: $75 (5 course + 6 beers)
Tickets: Call 613-680-8803 for reservations
More information about the event from their press release:
"Bicycle Craft Brewery’s co-owner, Laura Behzadi kicks off celebrations for International Wom-en’s Day, with the release of Freedom Machine Cherry Pale Ale, a beer that Behzadi has dubbed her feminist creation. She was the mastermind behind the recipe and the lead brewer, proving that women can make their mark and be at the forefront of the beer industry.
Ottawa women are joining forces to celebrate International Women’s Day on March 8, through beer, food and neighbourly love, honouring women by showcasing their skills and talents in fields that are mostly commonly and historically dominated by men. Bicycle Craft Brewery’s co-owner, Laura Behzadi kicks off celebrations for International Wom-en’s Day, with the release of Freedom Machine Cherry Pale Ale, a beer that Behzadi has dubbed her feminist creation. She was the mastermind behind the recipe and the lead brewer, proving that women can make their mark and be at the forefront of the beer industry. On March 11, Behzadi and Chef West de Castro of Clover Food and Drink will be hosting the “Women in Industry” food and beer pairing event. The evening is dedicated to celebrating and inspiring women in the food and beverage industry. Notable women from Bread by Us, Jacob-son's Gourmet Concepts and Holland’s Cake & Shake are taking over the kitchen and the beer taps of Clover Food & Drink to plate up a five-course meal designed and prepared by women.
And in true Ottawa and Bicycle Brewery fashion no event would be complete without giving back to the community. A portion of the proceeds from “Women in Industry” will be donated to High Jinx Ottawa an organization that values and believes in the spirit of neighbours helping neighbours."
Date: Monday, March 20, 2017
Location: Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Price: $25 ($20 for each additional ticket)
More about the event:
- An epic spring event celebrating 150 years of women & the food industry. Add a dash of farmers, a pinch of growers, fold in a whole bunch of supremely talented bakers,Chefs & Sous, Gently knead in brewmasters, someliers and restauranteurs and simmer in a gorgeous venue.
- Taste and shop from locally women owned businesses.
- Various workshops
Ottawa Foodie Girlz and Andaz Ottawa presents Ladies' Night for Harmony House
Date: Friday, March 24, 2017
Location: Andaz Ottawa Byward Market
Price: $65 (Each ticket includes: Welcome cocktail, canapés, charcuterie, desserts, spa services, and chair massage.)
- A mini-marketplace featuring local businesses. Confirmed shops include: Top Shelf Preserves, Just Because Jewellery, The Unrefined Olive, Pot & Pantry, Blackett & Co, Bluebarn Coffee, Goods Shop, Hummingbird Chocolate, Valamode and Beau's. Each vendor has donated an item to our silent auction/raffle.
- Canapés, charcuterie and more by Chef Stephen La Salle of Feast + Revel.
- Dessert assortment donated by Top of the Hill Bakery, V's Cupcakes, Fruit Couture, Take Another Bite, Three Tarts, Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa.
- Chair massages by Workplace Wellness.
- Manicures and hand massages by Ezcape Spa.
- Fashion show and popup shop by Rent Frock Repeat. Hair by Showpony Hair and Makeup by One Fine Beauty.
- Silent auction/raffle.
- Drop-off location for Harmony House's most needed items. Looking for items such as: cleaning products such as bathroom cleaners, dish soap, and laundry detergent, sanitary pads, full-size shampoo, soap, gift cards, bus tickets etc. Visit their site for http://www.harmonyhousews.com/donate-items/.